Friday, June 19, 2009

Cant use redtone to call toll free # ???

Last night I wasted RM 17 of my hp credit to make numerous calls from 10pm to 11pm ... due to the mistake done by hub, which causing my receiving folks to receive the shipment, and my production unable to get the materials and we miss the shipment to customer of course ....

About a month ago, my company registered us to the redtone service, whereby we will be able to call up oversea suppliers FOC ... This is really great, as I always call up oversea suppliers chasing for shipment status. After I got the pin #, I have no chance to use it at all. But of course I did try to use it, to make sure that it works, but not really calling any suppliers, until yesterday I finally got the chance .. I thought so

From last week till today, I have been chasing for this sea shipment which took about 2weeks. From the shipment exit from supplier's factory, till catching the vessel, till it docks Penang port. But the vessel docked 1day late from the estimated time. All in the sudden, my production sup told me that we already having shortage for this power supply, but according to my calculation, we only will face shortages on June 22nd. So yesterday the whole day, I called the forwarder's customer services hundreds of time chasing this shipment, to have the forwarder to deliver to hub before 3pm. Ok the shipment docked hub at 3.30pm. Hub only received it into system about 6pm. Pull list was created by my sup before I went back, sending emails to notify the whole world about the urgency of this shipment. Then I thought ... well .. I will call it a day.

Went back home as usual. But about 10pm, got a call from my production sup, telling me the funniest thing. We asked hub to ship us 64pcs, hub shipped us 128pcs, system transacted as 84pcs while the packing list showed 32pcs. And my receiving guy said he is unable to receive in the shipment. I had been calling my production sup, reciving guy, my folk who is taking care of hub activities, receiving manager, and of course the 'service desk' of the hub. It is a toll free #, and I thought .. luckily I have red tone .. I can save my credit as calling the toll free # is damn expansive ... So I tried .. and after key in the toll free # ... it said " the number you had dialed is invalid, thank you" tu tu tu tu ... WTF .... Out of urgency I had to use my own credit to make the call ... it lasted about 15 - 20 min ... and after that when I called back my receiving folks, he told me something else ... actually hub sent us 128pcs + 52pcs ... He can received in the 52pcs, just can't receive in the 128pcs .... WTF ... All the while, all of us thought that we can't even get some units for testing, and then after wasting our time and effort, he told us there was actually another lot with no issue in receiving it in?

The conclusion is, I wasted RM 17, had the 'unforgetable memory' and rushing here and there, got the knowledge that unable to call the toll free # with redtone and the most importantly is ... never trust anyone except for yourself ...
The receiving guy only noticed of the extra 52pcs ... after my production sup went down to receiving to personally check the physical ...
All the while, when we have this issue, we usually will go down to verify ourselves ... and this really proof that ... I can't trust anyone but myself ???

Sigh .. what a night ..

4 comments:

(e+ho)ng said...

Your sister's house does not have a fixed-line telephone installed?

CarinaSing said...

Nope ... we got the line .. but we never bought a phone lol

星晴 said...

Sien.....with this kind of issue ald!!

CarinaSing said...

ya lor ... super duper sien nia