Friday, November 14, 2008

Singapore

Well ... Froggie and I went to Singapore during Raya, and I have always wanted to write a post about our trips, but when I wanted to do so, I can't access to internet; and when I finally have internet access, the Singapore trip mood is over ... lol
Singapore trip is a past and already in my 'archive' folder in my memory, there is hard for me to dig it up again. Well, bottom line is I enjoyed the trip, and I would like to thanks those who amended their schedule to meet up with us, and thank those who treated us lunch/dinner.

Singapore is really a nice place to be. One of the things I love about Singapore is it's MRT. Our LRT is so poor that I don't even have the mood to take it, but with the MRT, it catches my heart, and with the whole city linked, it is easy for travellers to explore Singapore by themselves. Maybe Malaysia has a bad place in my heart, where I always feel that some countries are much more better than Malaysia, and deep in my heart I know that its true.. haha ..

One thing that make me feel unbelievable is that, our bus left Penang at 10.15pm, and we only reached SG the next morning at 10am. Haha .. at first I thought we can reached there at 7 in the morning, and then can meet up with my friend and having breakfast with him. But luckily that I say no to him earlier, if not he is going to be mad at me. The bus dropped us at Golden Mile Complex, and Fattymeng came an hour later. First time saw him in real person, he looks very mature for 17 yo guys, and he doesn't look friendly at all. I feel weird talking to him in person compare to chatting with him in MSN. He led us to the nearest MRT station, and brought us to Serangoon MRT. From there, Fattymeng say byebye to us, and Chai took over his job. She brought us back to her home. After bath, Froggie and I went to Vivo City, met up with AC, SynMyn and Uncle Lim. Took our lunch and went to Sentosa of course.
Sentosa is big, and but the shows and games are normal compares to what I played and watched in theme parks in Australia. The Song of the sea, the show is nice with the water, fire, fireworks and lights, but the storyline is very lousy. But I still enjoyed it.

2nd day, we woke up at 10am, pretty late for travellers lolz ... Met up my suppliers at ChinaTown and having lunch with them. Then met up with Fattymeng. Take a duck tour (SGD 33) around Singapore. Well it is actually not worth it, as we had a better view when we explored SG ourselves on feet. Then we off to Bugis market at night. The shirts are cheap, but the souvenirs are expansive. Being the naive tourists... we saw it sell 3 set of keychain with SGD10, we straight away bought it, as we scare that later we won't have the chance to buy souvenirs anymore. We bought some other items.

3rd day, woke up bout the same time, went to ChinaTown againg and bought 'bak kua' and met up with my suppliers again. Wanted to treat them lunch back, but they treated us again. The food in the food court Tiang Bahru is very nice. Then we headed back to ChinaTown, met up with Penny and we explored the stalls there. The souvenirs in ChinaTown are much more cheaper than in Bugis Street. we saw the keychain that we bought ... in ChinaTown, 5sets cost only SGD10. If we know that earlier, we won't bought it at Bugis street there. The weather is so hot on that day and Froggie and I gave up halfway. We tried the ice-cream which being recommended by Chai. Then Penny went to fetch her husband, so Froggie and I continue our own exploration. We took MRT to City Hall, cuz we wanted to go to Merlion there and also took picture of Esplanade. In the duck tour, we only can see those from far. We took the wrong route, and we ended up inside Esplanade, the car park there. Then we headed back to where we start, and finally we saw Esplanade. Beside Esplanade is the Merlion. Exploring SG on our own and found the status of Merlion really bring us satisfaction. Then we headed to Geylang for dinner. We met up with AC, Uncle Lim, Siao Noi, Sze Hua, Fattymeng and his friend and ate crab at 'No Signboard'. Eight persons ate SGD200, and thanks to AC, Uncle Lim, Siao Noi and Sze Hua for treating us. Then we took MRT, stopped by Clarke Quay. The scene is very pretty at nice.

4th day, cancelled my breakfast date with ZL, as both of us cant make it. After bath, we and Chai headed to AC's house. Meet up with AC, Siao Noi, Sze Hua, Uncle Lim, and a friend there. After lunch, we manged to grab a chance to shop inside the shopping centre. To my disbelieve, the Giordano t-shirt only cost SGD5 each. I bought one, and now I feel regret lol .. that t-shirt is for EuJin. Then stopped by other shops and we bought shirts. Then we headed to Science Center. It is nice, and we paid SGD 26 (if I am not mistaken) for admission to the center and also to the snowworld. Ate dinner at McD, then AC accompany us over to Larkin, Johor. She went back to her house, and we took our night bus back to Penang.
Reached Penang bout 6am.

SG is a real nice place to visit, and I reckon it to my mom. Infact, I am thinking of visiting SG again with my mom real soon. Just hope that I can get a cheap hotel.

1 comment:

(e+ho)ng said...

So, when will you pass me my keychain?